The versatile footstool - a great addition to your living room
A footstool is a great way to relax in style while putting your feet up! Lounging on the couch in the living room or reading peacefully in your comfy nook is always better with a pouffe. A footstool is not only a stylish addition to any home, but it also provides significant health benefits. It helps with the improvement of circulation as well as the relief of muscle pain and tension. We're here to help you locate the best foot rest for your needs and budget among the many options available at vidaXL.
Why is a footstool so useful in any home?
A pouffe is one of the smartest investments you can make when furnishing any room in your home. In most situations, a foot rest is purchased to match your sofa or armchair, but it can also act as a stand-alone piece. Due to its many functions, a footstool is a must-have, and this is why:
- It encourages comfortable lounging. The right pouffe allows you to sit back and relax on the sofa. This is especially helpful when you're sitting for long periods of time, such as during weekend movie marathons. In your reading nook, we recommend pairing it with a cushy armchair.
- Besides the comfortable position it offers, a pouffe also has great health advantages. When you put your feet up, your blood circulation improves, which is generally slowed by sitting for long periods of time. Moreover, it helps you relieve lower back tension and discomfort caused by static muscles.
- The pouffe stools are also super versatile because they can have a variety of functions. For example, you can use it as a coffee table in the living room. All you have to do is add a stylish tray to prevent spills. When needed, a footstool can also become an additional seating option.
- Foot rests are available in a wide range of designs, styles, and colours. As a result, they can easily become the missing splash of colour in your living room (or any other room).
Pouffe or ottoman? What exactly is the difference between the two?
Because of the varied terminology, it's easy to get confused about the distinction between a pouffe and an ottoman. Despite the fact that they are very comparable pieces of furniture, you need to know what sets them apart in order to make the best decision.
The pouffe stool
This is a low stool that has the main function of supporting your feet while sitting on a sofa or armchair. It comes in a variety of designs and shapes, as well as different materials. Some of them are quite soft or flexible, being somewhat similar to floor cushions but taller. This specific pouffe trait makes it suitable for sitting on the floor.
A sturdy and more robust alternative, an ottoman is a low seat that can be upholstered in various materials. Depending on the design, the ottoman can feature legs of different sizes. These pieces of furniture are appropriate for both indoor and outdoor use. For example, one of the most popular choices for patio furniture is the rattan ottoman with a thickly padded seat cushion.
How do I choose the right footstool?
Finding the right pouffes can be a really fun job. The manner in which you intend to use them should be your starting point. Before making a decision, you should consider the following points:
- Materials: A soft, comfortable pouffe is the better choice if you're planning to rest your feet on it while lounging on the sofa. A hand-knitted cotton pouffe stool could be just what you're looking for. On the other hand, if you want a footstool that can also double as a coffee table, you should opt for one that is firmer and built from sturdy materials. Our advice is to choose one with a rattan basis and rely on the soft cushion for the necessary comfort.
- Size: The height of a foot rest is one of the most important factors to consider. It should be around 30-35 cm for you to truly appreciate the comfort it provides. Because the seat height of your sofa spans from 45 to 48 cm, the footstool has to be shorter to allow for a suitable foot position.
- Style: Choosing the colour and style of your pouffe depends only on your preferences and the existing design of the room. If you pick a footstool in a strong hue or with a vibrant pattern, it can be the pop of colour that improves the mood of the space. When you pick one in neutral colours, it can help tone down a larger furniture piece or a statement wall in a vivid tone. Its material also allows you to match the stool to the style of the room. A jute pouffe, for example, looks fantastic in a bohemian setting, whilst a black rattan one is more appropriate in modern décor
Looking for other products? Check out the categories below:
Material: Leather Pouffe